Have you had that nagging feeling that something just “isn’t right” with your child’s motor or speech development? Is your child having difficult with things that others can do easily? If you have a gut feeling that your child’s motor or speech skills are behind, its time to do something about it.
I think my child may be behind in some areas, what do I do next?
Taking action when you feel like there may be some delay in your child’s skills can be a very scary and intimidating first step. What do I do and where do I go? Start by talking to your child’s pediatrician about your concerns. Next, consider reaching out to a pediatric speech, occupational, or physical therapist to address those concerns.
Where do I find a pediatric therapist?
This has always been the hard part. Yes, the therapies are highly effective in improving your child’s skill deficits, but they often come with some drawbacks. Therapists are expensive. They are hard to find. They have long waiting lists. You may not have a therapy clinic nearby.
Imagine the possibilities for your child if he/she could reap the benefits of therapies without the drawbacks of a traditional therapy setting? Thanks to Enable My Child, you can now get immediate access to the same high quality pediatric therapists, (speech, occupational, and physical) as traditional settings, but you can do it all from the comfort of your own home.
What is Enable My Child?
Enable My Child is a service that connects your child with real-life pediatric occupational, physical, and speech therapists in your state for high-quality, individualized therapies through an online system. When you enroll, you will receive personalized videos, frequent feedback, individualized treatment plans, and client-centered intervention ideas from a licensed therapist to implement in your own home.
How does Enable My Child work?
Step #1– Fill out an online evaluation complete with questions that will address speech, fine motor, and gross motor concerns. You can also add in your own specific comments and there’s even an option to attach a video of yourself to further explain the needs of your child.
Step #2- The therapist team at Enable My Child will then recommend which types of therapists could best benefit your child (i.e. speech, occupational, or physical, or any combination of the 3). You however have the final say as to which types of therapists you want to want to select (1, 2, or all 3 therapists).
Step #3- After you select which therapies you’d like to receive, those therapist(s) will thoroughly review your evaluation and formulate a treatment plan based exactly on your child’s needs. This plan will include goals, intervention ideas, and a timeline of when the goals are expected to be met.
Step #4- The therapists will then send you 4 personalized videos each month with individualized ideas, strategies, purposeful play activities, and parent involvement tips on how to implement the plans.
Step #5- At the end of each month, the therapist(s) will send in progress questionnaires to “check in” with you on how the treatment sessions and skill acquisition are going. You then respond with feedback, questions, or comments for the therapist.
Questions along the way? At ANY point in the entire process, you are able to contact your therapist and directly talk with them through a phone call. This will help clarify any questions.
This is an ongoing, fluid process that makes therapy highly individualized for your child and you have an ongoing relationship with the same therapist over the course of your treatment plan.
What makes Enable My Child the best in online therapy?
- Client- Centered Therapy- Enable My Child values individualized treatment ideas and interventions specific to your child. The highly skilled therapists will listen to you about the challenges your child faces along with the resources you have at home to make each child’s plan unique and client-centered.
- Highly Skilled Therapists- All of the therapists are hired directly through Enable My Child, not outsourced through a third party. This means the therapists have all undergone a rigorous selection process, understand the Enable My Child platform, and are highly skilled professionals in their respective fields.
- Excellent Quality of Service- This therapy offers the same great quality and effectiveness as the therapy your child would receive in a private clinic, school, or outpatient center. This happens because there is ongoing communication between the therapist and the families, working together to determine the best and most effective interventions for your unique child.
- Incorporating therapy concepts into daily life- This service goes above what is required from school or clinic based therapists by giving parents detailed instructions on embedding therapeutic concepts into your child’s play and daily activities, as well as parent strategies on handling specific behaviors and situations.
- Giving you freedom and choice- Unlike schools and private clinics that often dictate your length of service, type of service, and therapy goals, Enable My Child gives you the freedom to choose. You select which therapies you want to receive, what goals you want to work on, and the amount of time you feel is best to reach those goals.
- Use as the primary therapy OR a supplemental therapy – Whether your child is already receiving therapy at school or in a private clinic, Enable My Child can be used as a supplemental form of therapy to bridge the gap between skills they are working on elsewhere and the skills your child needs at home. Or use Enable My Child as your child’s only form of therapy to address any overarching needs.
- Strong therapy presence in all aspects of Enable My Child- Enable My Child’s founding team consists of highly-qualified therapists representing each field of practice (speech, occupational, and physical) to ensure that the therapy services being delivered are of the highest quality and meet all state and federal professional standards. They have generated the ideas and process of Enable My Child to make it the best and most effective form of online therapy in the world.
Take the next step…
Go to Enable My Child and get signed up. It’s free to get started and fill out the intake form. As a pediatric occupational therapist myself, I have witnessed the amazing growth in children’s skills and confidence after having received therapy services. Enable My Child opens the doors for therapists to reach children and families like never before. It’s an organization built in the true spirit of empowering your child to grow into the best versions of themselves. Click here to get started…
Don’t forget your special bonus offer….
Because you are a fan of KidsPlaySmarter, you are eligible for a special offer of $50 off your first month of therapy service when you use the code KIDSPLAYSMARTER at checkout.
Because this is so new…
Enable My Child is cutting edge in online therapy and they are working hard to tie up all loose ends with therapy boards in various states.
As of May 2017, Enable My Child is available in:
Coming June 2017:
If you don’t see your state listed… it will be coming. Simply go to EnableMyChild and submit a request. The friendly team there will take your information and call you when its ready in your state!
As always, thanks for INVESTING in your child!