Do you have a child or student who is learning how to write? Do you want to help them with handwriting but not sure how? Here’s my hint, don’t start with a pencil and paper!
Children who are just beginning how to write shouldn’t just pick up a pencil and be expected to learn handwriting. There are better and more effective strategies than boring pencil-paper worksheets and drill practice to teach handwriting Find out how in this 40 minute video, Teaching Handwriting to Kids Video.
The video is perfect for teachers, parents, therapists, and anyone else who is helping children learn how to write. The video was developed by a school-based occupational therapist who has over 10 years of experience in teaching children handwriting. The video shows you how and when to introduce all the aspects of the handwriting progression.
Here’s more about How to Teach Handwriting to Kids Video
Teaching Handwriting to Kids Video Highlights
- Gives expert tips for teaching handwriting to kids in a fun, hands-on way
- Gives free templates for DIY handwriting manipulatives so you can build each of the letters for better learning retention
- Gives tips on improving attention span at school and home
- Gives developmentally appropriate ages to begin all aspects of the handwriting process from drawing lines to shapes, and finally letters
- Gives ideas on hand strengthening to promote better pencil grasp
- Gives DIY “therapy hack” ideas for using common household objects instead of pricey therapy tools for better handwriting
- Gives great ideas on incorporating movement into a classroom or home to improve core strength needed for better writing posture
Special Offer for How to Teach Handwriting Video
As a special thanks for checking out this article, please enjoy a $10 off coupon with the code TEACHER at checkout! Click here to purchase this video and enjoy!!
Compliment the Video with These Add-Ons:
- Printable Handouts of the Video Highlights– Don’t forget any of the big video highlights with this packet of downloadable, printable informational sheets. The topics include:
- Timelines for when kids should be writing shapes, lines, and letters
- Tricks for better pencil grasp
- Ideas on hand and core strengthening needed for better writing
- Pencil grasp progression and developmental timelines
- Order which to teach letter writing, and more!
- These sheets can be printed and look great hanging in a classroom or at home.
Find out the order of when to teach each letter (hint, don’t use ABC order). Get this convenient and easy-to-follow reference chart so you know when to teach each letter. It’s downloadable and printable and is perfect for any classroom or home!