Are you looking for easy ways to sneak some more exercise and learning into your child’s day? Look no further as
this multipurpose dice game is a simple solution to get your child moving and learning! Kids love the thrill of seeing what the dice will land on and chances are, they will be jumping with excitement before the dice even stops rolling!
The great twist to this game is you can add so many different types of learning concepts to the dice, depending on which learning outcomes you want to accomplish, its not only limited to exercise movements. See the list below for some great ideas (including writing chores on the dice!)
- Jumping Jacks
- Arm Circles
- Wall Push Ups
- Windmills (great midline crossing activity!)
- Running in place
- Stand up & Sit Downs
- Crab Walk
- Jump over a line
- Do a log roll (vestibular input)
- Toe Touches (vestibular input)
- Walk like a crab, bear, or favorite animal (proprioceptive input)
- Slither like a snake (proprioceptive input)
- Give yourself a big hug (proprioceptive input)
- Touch a bumpy, smooth, wet, scratchy, or new surface (tactile)
- Give a compliment
- Say something positive about yourself
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you sad?
- What helps you relax?
- What worries you?
Reading Comprehension ideas….
- WHO (is the story about)
- WHAT (is the plot of the story)
- WHEN (did the story take place)
- WHERE (did the story take place)
- HOW (did the story unfold)
Household Chores Ideas….(yes, you can make chores more fun!)
- Clean up room
- Pick up toys
- Put away dishes
- Water the plants
- Feed the pets
2 foam blocks cubes (Any size between 3-5″ will work)
As expected with these DIY dice, you can customize them to whatever learning level or developmental level your child is at so you can provide them with a “just right challenge” (not to hard but not too easy). Make different dice with various learning objectives depending on which concepts you want to address. Have fun and let the good times ROLL!