Ooey gooey textures have fascinated kids for generations. With the advent of new gooey products on the market and many DIY recipes, it’s easier than ever to get your hands on some squishy slime. Capture the magic and excitement that slime brings and use it to benefit your child academically. These Educational Seek-And-Find Slime Games will enhance kids’ learning while maintaining their attention and motivation. These games can also be tailored to meet your child’s educational needs and abilities.
Different Ways to Play Educational Seek-And-Find Slime Games
- Math Games- Hide different coins in the slime and have your child pull them out. Depending on their educational level, have them identify, count, or add and subtract the coins.
- Letters & Number Recognition– Children who are just learning to recognize letters and numbers will have a blast finding them in the slime. Have the child identify the number and letter name or letter sound.
- Spelling Words- Hide letters that are found in your child’s spelling or sight words. Have the child pull out the letters and put them in order to spell the word correctly.
- Speech Games- Hide various small items in the slime and blindfold the child. Have the child verbally describe the item and then guess what it is without looking at it.
Benefits of Playing Educational Seek-And-Find Slime Games
- Incorporates a multi-sensory approach to learning
- Provides a rich tactile sensory experience for your child
- Improves fine motor strength and dexterity
- Improves tactile discrimination skills
- Motivating and fun
- Solidifies learning concepts better than paper/pencil tasks
How to Prepare the Educational Seek-And-Find Slime Games
- Get some slime, playdoh, clay, or putty. If you want to make slime, check out these DIY recipes
- Gather coins, plastic letters and numbers, or small household items
- Add the small items into the slime and squeeze out some fun!
Did you enjoy this activity? Here’s a similar one that you’ll like too! Tell us what you hid in your slime in the comments below….. Enjoy!